Whatever you do, do it like a boss.
With the majority of us working from home during this pandemic, it is important that we still find a routine that works for us. It takes a lot of trial and error, however it is also a time for us to discover when we work best and are most productive.
When you have a lot of time on your hands, it is easy to think how am I supposed to get anything done, so here are my tips for working from home.
- I for one know that being at home is where you are comfortable with being in your pyjamas and having your hair in a messy bun and no makeup on, so you need to get up and get ready. You need to look the part as though you are actually going to work. You need to feel as though you are mentally there.
- Write a list of the things that you need to get done each day and estimate how long this should take. You need to be accountable for the tasks that you have to complete.
- Go for a walk or do a workout. It is important to keep active as this will get you equipped for the rest of the day.
- When you have jobs to do each of these have a deeper meaning so it is important to understand the purpose of why you are completing this. Once you have deciphered this, you will be more motivated to complete your tasks.
- Remove distractions such as your social media. It is easy to get distracted so it is important to time block your schedule.
- Wind down in a way you enjoy after you finish your days’ work. Whatever that may be, by playing games, watching TV, listening to music. Shut off as you would do when you return home from work.
Embrace this time period, learn about yourself and enable yourself to grow in a positive way.