I love my abs so much that I protect them with a layer of fat.
Having body fat seems to be given a bad name, however we all need to be able to maintain a healthy level of body fat for a variety of reasons, so I thought I would outline the importance of this.
- Fat is essential for helping our body to absorb certain vitamins. Without it, it may cause us to develop vitamin deficiencies. The main vitamins that fat helps us to absorb are A, D, E and K.
- It helps us to insulate our body. Through having a healthy level of body fat, we are able to regulate our body temperature, helping us to prevent severe levels of hot and cold.
- Fat is important when it comes to the structure of the cells in our body. It is especially vital for maintaining the health of our skin, hair and nails.
- A healthy level of body fat is crucial for producing hormones, specifically speaking of sex hormones which for females is beneficial for fertility. It is a well-known fact that females who have extremely low levels of body fat have low levels of estrogen which can cause them to stop menstruating.
- Without good levels of fat, our energy levels can also be affected. By not having enough body fat, these can be decreased. It can also cause us to fatigue.
These are only a few of the reason why we need to ensure we keep to a healthy level of body fat. You are not fat, you have fat.
Leave a Reply