Self-esteem is defined as the confidence in your own worth or abilities.
There are 3 types of self-esteem. They are inflated self-esteem, low self-esteem and high self-esteem.
If you want to find out if you have high self-esteem ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I like myself?
- Do I think I am a good human being?
- Am I someone deserving of love?
- Do I deserve happiness?
- Do I really feel, both in my mind and in my gut, that I am an OK person?
If we want to love ourself, we need to learn to build our self-esteem.
Self-esteem can be built through the following techniques:
- Be kind to yourself. Challenge the unkind thoughts.
- Spend time with people that bring the best out of you
- Become assertive, learn how to say no
- Work on your physical health
- Give yourself a break