There is so much going on in the world at the moment that we need to ensure we take time to calm down and take control of the thoughts that arise in our head.
When a stressful situation arises, our brain releases adrenaline and cortisol. This helps us when we are in survival mode.
What are some active ways that we can take control when the stress and anxiety arise?
- Have a bath, listen to music or go for a walk. Focus on the things that you see.
- Focus on your breathing. Breathe deeply and slowly. Listen to the breaths and only that.
- Journal away the thoughts that come to your mind, whether that is angry, anxious, fed up. Let them flow freely.
- Take the control from the stressful and negative thoughts back. Focus on the good and the gratitude around you.
- Bring yourself back to reality. Focus on the senses and what you see around you and list them out loud and bring yourself back to the here and now.
Find the calmness and peace within yourself.