I hope you are having a good week.
I have a few reminders here for you:
- You are not your thoughts. Let them come and go, but don’t allow them to settle.
- Emotions cannot be solved. They can only be felt.
- It isn’t the sadness or anxiety that causes damage it is our reaction to it.
What I am trying to say is, if you can do something this week, it is to practice mindfulness.
Start now rather than later.
Here is a meditation that you can do:
The Chocolate Meditation
- Choose a chocolate
- Open it and inhale the smell
- Break off a piece of chocolate and take a look at it closely
- Put the chocolate in your mouth, let it melt in your mouth and notice the tastes
- If your mind wanders acknowledge it and then come back to the chocolate
- After the chocolate melts, swallow it.
- Do this again with the next bit.
Take note of how you feel and how the chocolate tastes. Do you feel different? Did the chocolate taste better or worse?
Mindful awareness greatly enhances the joys of our daily life.
All The Best,
Live Like KK x